By Mary Thomason-Smith
Want to know if you’ll thrive in the Kelley Direct Online MBA Program? In a recent episode of the Clear Admit MBA Admissions Podcast, Kelley School of Business Clinical Professor of Management Carolyn Goerner shares how to find the answer.
Start with you
Reflect on how your strengths align with five student profiles Carolyn shares are among the most successful Kelley Direct Online MBA students:
- Self-motivated learners. Are you innately curious? Always wanting to get better at what you do? Your excitement to pursue new interests can create momentum for your career.
- Effective time managers. An ability to balance life and juggle multiple responsibilities can equip you to meet the demands of the Kelley Online MBA.
- Action-oriented thinkers. You’re eager to apply what you learn. As a Kelley Direct Online MBA student, you can learn a new concept in a class in the evening, then put it into practice at work the next day. You can choose from Kelley Direct’s transformative immersion courses to take your passion for action to new places.
- Purposeful advancers. Your expertise may be in technology, medicine, or a general field, but you’re serious about developing strategic business abilities—eager to take the step in your career.
- Flexible travelers. You’re in the military, or you travel regularly in your job, so the format of the Kelley Direct Online MBA offers the option to attend class and participate—no matter where you are.
Define your priorities
As you consider online MBA programs, Carolyn recommends you insist on getting answers to your questions, preferably in a one-on-one conversation with a program expert. Use the Online MBA Programs Comparison Tool from Kelley Direct to keep track of information and narrow your search. Here are some priorities Carolyn suggests you consider:
- Your interests. What majors excite you? Be sure the program you’re considering offers both the majors and courses you want. Ask a program expert to confirm the courses you’re interested in are routinely offered.
- Faculty accessibility. Are the faculty who teach in the online MBA program the same faculty who teach on campus? Some schools onboard a group of qualified faculty who are not necessarily integrated with on-campus faculty. You’ll get a richer experience with faculty who are highly engaged with students both online and on campus.
- In-person components. Connecting with fellow students and faculty in person can deeply enrich your online MBA experience. Equipping students to develop relationships and network with their peers is a strategic initiative of the Kelley Direct Online MBA Program through Kelley On-Campus and Kelley On Location.
- Job placement. Ask a program expert for statistics on job placement and salary increases of their online MBA graduates. This vital info can empower you to make the best decision for you and your career.